As summer winds down, we’re all all trying to spend as much time as possible outdoors. This beaded wind chime is the perfect project to do with your kiddos to celebrate the end of summer. It is as simple as stringing colorful beads and seashells onto a length of cord and hanging them from a stick found in your yard, making it easy for even young children to help out with. Hang your pretty wind chime from your patio to add a magical soft jingle in the breeze.
This project uses beads from the Kid Made Modern Beach Bash Jewelry Set. It comes with over 500 beads, which means you’ll have plenty leftover after making the wind chime to make jewelry too!
What You’ll Need:
- Jingle Bells
- Foam Brush
- Craft Paint
1. Use the hemp cords that come with the beach jewelry kit to create a roughly 18” long strand of beads. Start by tying one of the large shell pendants at the bottom using a double knot. Then string on as many other beads and shells as you like.
2. Repeat to create six strands of beads. You can use jingle bells on the bottom of a couple of them to add a little extra music to your wind chime!
3. Head out to the yard in search for a good stick! A sturdy one around 12 inches long works well. If you want, you can paint your stick with craft paint. We taped off the ends of our stick and painted it pink for a pop of color.
4. To finish your wind chime, tie the loose ends of the bead strands to the stick with sturdy knots and trim any extra cord. Tie a length of twine to the top of the stick to create a hanger for your wind chime.
5. Hang the wind chime from a sunny spot and enjoy its soft music in the breeze!
* * *
Shop our Beach Bash Jewelry Kit here!