Beetle Ornament DIY
- 1 Blue Wood Slice
- 4 Light Blue Shell Paillettes
- 4 Silver Shell Paillettes
- 2 Large Round Light Blue Paillettes
- 1 Sheet of Blue Felt
- 2 Striped Blue Fuzzy Sticks
- 2 Small Googly Eyes
- 1 Skein of Black String
1. Glue the shell paillettes in two rows vertically on the wood slice, alternating silver and blue to create the beetle’s “wings”.
2. Glue the two round pailettes to one another, overlapping them slightly.
3. Glue the two pailettes onto the back of the top of the wood slice to create the base of the beetle’s head.
4. Cut rounded rectangle out of the felt and glue it to the back of the round pailettes to create the rest of the head.
5. Glue the googly eyes to either end of the head.
6. Cut a long, hooked shape out of the rest of the felt. Cut a small “Y” shape out of the end of the felt to create “pincers”. Lay the first pincer down on the remaining felt use it as a template, cutting around it to create a second, identical pincer.
7. Glue the flat ends of the pincers to the back of the beetle’s head.
8. Cut and shape six legs for your beetle and glue them to the back of the wood slice.
9. Cut a small length of string and create a loop. Glue the loop down to the back of the beetle’s head so you can proudly hang your creation from your tree!
* * *
* * *
Make your own beetle ornament using our Arts and Crafts Library!
Kid Made Modern is on a mission to create the next generation of creative thinkers. Learn more.
Explore how your lungs work with this STEAM-approved DIY!
Spread some colorful love with our DIY Air Dry Clay Rainbows!
Liquid error (sections/page-template.liquid line 8): include usage is not allowed in this context