Bursting Big Lettering Mail Art
Mailing artful creations via the trusty USPS is a fun, fun pastime. It will delight the sender (you) and definitely any friends who receive it (we promise!). The more peculiar your posts are, the gigglier everyone will be. Here are instructions for one beautiful piece of mail to construct, decorate, imbue with you-ness…and entrust to postal workers!
- Markers (or crayons or paint)
- Postage Stamp
1. Write a note to your friend. On the front of the envelope, pencil in their name and street number. Make your letters so big you might only be able to fit their first name!
2. Draw a triangle at the tip of every letter and number.
3. Draw a line connecting the tips of the triangles.
4. Color in your letters and numbers.
5. Now color the entire background.
6. Outline each letter/number with a black marker.
7. Write in your friend’s street name, city, state, and zip code.
8. Attach a stamp to it and pop it in the mail.
* * *
Post by Kiera Coffee. Kiera is a prop stylist, writer, and crafter. To peek into her world of ideas (and postal high jinks) follow @KieraCoffee or visit kieracoffee.com.
Kid Made Modern is on a mission to create the next generation of creative thinkers. Learn more.