Looking for a fun Hanukkah craft? Try some holiday jewelry making! Children will love customizing their own Hanukkah menorah necklace to wear during the festival of lights.
This DIY is really simple to make with Kid Made Modern’s Jewelry Jam Kit. All the supplies are in the included so you’ll just need a pair of scissors and a hot glue gun. (White glue can work too but will just take longer to make due to drying time.)
Necklaces not your child’s thing? You can make the menorah the same way shown here and style it into a brooch pin, hair clip or even a tie clip for a dapper little fella!
1. String 9 yellow beads from the Jewelry Jam Kit onto the blue thread included in the kit.
2. Use the light blue felt strips to cut out small little candles for the menorah. To do this, I first cut the blue strip lengthwise and then cut 1” strips. You will need 8 candles that are about 1” tall and one candle that is about 2” tall for the center.
3. Hot glue each of the candles onto the yellow beads.
4. Next, use a white or dark blue felt strip and cut it to half its width. This will be the horizontal part of the menorah.
5. Hot glue each of your candles onto the piece of felt you just cut. I glued the 8 smaller candles along the edge of the felt piece and I glued the center candle higher above. This way, the center candle stands taller than the rest of the candles to give the menorah its recognizable shape.
6. You’re done making the menorah! Use blue and white beads from the jewelry jam kit to personalize your necklace.
7. Tie a knot at the end of your necklace and you’re ready to wear!
* * *
Manal Aman is a founder of the blog Hello Holy Days where she shares fun DIY and craft ideas for Ramadan, Eid and Hajj. She loves homemade parties and borrowing books from the library. On a Sunday afternoon, Manal can probably be found taking long walks in the woods, listening to Oprah’s podcast and snacking on French patisserie (hello macrons!).
* * *
Shop our Jewelry Jam Craft Kit here!