Celebrate the New Year in style with these metallic confetti poppers you can make with recycled paper tubes and our Metal Mash-Up Craft Kit! Just add a balloon to the bottom of the cardboard tube, decorate the outside with glitter tape and metallic cording and fill it with pom-poms and confetti. Pull back the balloon, and POP!
- Recycled paper tubes (paper towel rolls, toilet paper rolls, gift wrap rolls, etc.)
- Latex balloons
- Hot glue
1. Cut your cardboard tube into smaller tubes if needed. We used a tube left over from all of our Christmas present wrapping!
2. Cut the top off a latex balloon right above the neck of the balloon with a pair of scissors.
3. Stretch the cut end of the balloon around one end of the cardboard tube. Tie a knot in the balloon.
4. Decorate the cardboard tube with glitter tape from the Metal Mash-up Kit.
5. You can also wrap metallic cord or fuzzy sticks around the tube and secure with glue.
6. Fill your poppers with pom-poms, confetti, and cut up fuzzy sticks - all from the Metal Mash-Up Kit!
Get ready to watch your confetti fly as you pull back the balloon and let it go! Happy New Year!
* * *
Shop our Smarts and Crafts Metal Mash-Up here!