DIY Postcard to Send to Voters
Getting kids involved in politics and voting is a wonderful way to help them grow into thoughtful and engaged citizens. And while exercising your right to vote once you are of age is critical, young kids can still meaningfully participate in elections by spreading voter awareness and encouraging others to vote.
Enter DIY Postcards to Voters! A handmade postcard with a thoughtful note is a great way to inform registered voters of important dates and encourage them to go vote. There are a wide variety of postcard to voter campaigns you can find online, but you can also send these to friends and family or even distribute in your neighborhood. Help GET OUT THE VOTE!
- Blank postcards - We've put together a few printable designs you can print on cardstock (download HERE!), but you can also purchase blank postcards online.
- Art supplies!
- Postcard stamps
1. Set up postcards -- Either print our designs out (HERE) onto card stock, purchase blank cards, or trace a 4” X 6" rectangle onto blank card stock. On the back, divide the card into a message area and an address area. And make sure to leave room for a stamp.
2. Design! -- break out those art supplies and decorate the front of the postcard in any way you like. Many campaigns have rules regarding postcard design, so make sure to check if you're working with a specific campaign.
3. Message -- write your message to the voter on the back. Again, if you're working with a particular campaign, make sure to check the rules about messaging. If you're sending them to friends and family, feel free to sign your name. If you're sending them to unknown voters, it's a good idea to sign just your initials.
4. Mail or Deliver! -- make sure to send or deliver your postcards so they arrive close to the date of voting in a particular state. People are more likely to be encouraged to vote close to the time they receive a mailing like this.
Showing items 1-2 of 2.
Learn How Your Lungs Work
Explore how your lungs work with this STEAM-approved DIY!
DIY Air Dry Clay Rainbows
Spread some colorful love with our DIY Air Dry Clay Rainbows!
Printable Happy Birthday Poster DIY
Get crafty and create a custom birthday sign for your next Birthday Party Parade
download link not working!
The link to “download HERE” the Postcards to Voters templates is missing. There is not clickable link to find those templates. If you get that fixed, please let me know. I’d like to share them with our volunteers. Thanks!