A new school year often means a new backpack! This year instead of buying one at the store, make your own awesome backpack, Kid Made Modern style! Just start with a basic white backpack and decorate it with textile spray paint, jewels, and patches for a one-of-a-kind look.
- Letter stencils
- Basic white backpack
1. Head outside and spray paint your backpack on a protected surface such as a painter’s dropcloth. We used the pink, red, and blue paints from the Textile Spray Paint pack for this backpack. Let dry completely.
2. Create a pretty dangler to hang from your backpack zipper by stringing together beads from the Jewelry Jam Craft Kit.
3. You can personalize your backpack by adding initials with a little simple sewing. Just trace letters onto a backpack using a letter stencil and pencil. Then use the colored thread from the Jewelry Jam Craft Kit to outline the letters with a basic running stitch.
4. Accessorize your backpack with a few Galactic Iron-On Patches. We added our patches with hot glue instead of ironing them onto the polyester backpack.
5. Load up your awesome new backpack with school supplies for the first day of school!
* * *
* * *