Giant Silly Spiders
Spiders don’t only come in black and brown, at Kid Made Modern they come in rainbow colors! These giant spiders made from foam balls and fuzzy sticks are more silly than scary. Grab our Arts and Crafts Library and craft up a bunch of these for Halloween!
- Foam craft balls
- Craft glue
1. Use the Washable Paint Set and a brush to paint foam craft balls. We used the Algae, Pool. Lilac, and Goldfish colors from the set to paint 2” and 5” sized foam balls. Let dry completely.
2. Cut fuzzy sticks from the Arts and Crafts Library in half and then bend into a “V” shape. You’ll need four fuzzy sticks to make eight legs for each of your spiders.
3. Insert the legs into the spider by poking them into the side of the foam ball. Repeat on the other side of the ball. The spider should now stand on its legs!
4. You can create a giant spider by using the extra large fuzzy sticks in the Arts and Crafts Library. Just cut them in half and poke them into a 5” wide foam ball.
5. Finish your spider by gluing on a pair of googly eyes.
Why stop at one spider when you can make a whole bunch of them? The more colorful and silly the better!
* * *
Post written by Haeley Giambalvo of Design Improvised, a website focused on easy DIY projects that make a big impact. Haeley loves transforming simple materials like pom-poms and pipe cleaners into cool kids projects or festive holiday crafts. Her colorful projects are perfect for the busy mom who wants to spend 30 minutes crafting by herself or getting creative with her kids. Haeley lives in San Antonio, TX along with her husband and two daughters Stella, 9, and Hazel, 7.
Kid Made Modern is on a mission to create the next generation of creative thinkers. Learn more.
Explore how your lungs work with this STEAM-approved DIY!
Spread some colorful love with our DIY Air Dry Clay Rainbows!
Liquid error (sections/page-template.liquid line 8): include usage is not allowed in this context