Magnetic After-School Checklist
Getting back to the hustle and bustle of the school routine can be tough after a leisurely summer! However, setting expectations early and involving school-age kids in the process can help smooth the transition. This colorful magnetic board using supplies from the Arts and Crafts Supply Library makes tracking daily after-school tasks easy and fun!
- Magnetic board (even a magnetic cookie sheet works!)
- Small round magnets
- Letter stickers
- Hot glue gun
1. Add letter stickers to the stiff felt pieces that come with the Arts and Crafts Supply Library to create different after-school tasks such as “Do Chores”, “Empty Backpack”, or “Finish Homework.”
2. Add two small magnets to the back of each felt piece with hot glue.
3. Use small letter stickers to add names to the wooden discs that come with the Arts and Crafts Supply Library. Glue a small magnet on the back.
4. Glue a magnet to the back of several colorful pom-poms. You’ll want enough pom-poms for each child to mark their after-school tasks as completed on the magnetic board.
5. Use colorful tape (ours is from the Smarts and Crafts Bright Bundle craft kit!) to create a column for each child on the magnetic board. We also used tape to create a colorful border for our magnetic board. Line up the tasks in the order you typically do them after school. You can easily switch up their order or add new ones thanks to the magnets on the back! Once a child completes a task they can move a pom-pom next to it.
* * *
Shop our Arts and Crafts Supply Library here!
* * *
Kid Made Modern is on a mission to create the next generation of creative thinkers. Learn more.
Explore how your lungs work with this STEAM-approved DIY!
Spread some colorful love with our DIY Air Dry Clay Rainbows!
Liquid error (sections/page-template.liquid line 8): include usage is not allowed in this context