Mother's Day Flower Pot DIY
I have yet to meet a mom (myself included) that doesn’t love flowers, especially on Mother’s Day! This year rather than buying mom an expensive bouquet that will fade quickly, give her a special potted flower in a one-of-a-kind pot decorated with colorful fuzzy sticks and pom-poms from Kid Made Modern’s Bright Bundle Craft Kit. You are guaranteed to put a smile on her face!
Start with a basic terracotta pot, paint it white (or your favorite color from our Washable Paint Set) and get creative decorating it with a design your mom will love. We tried fuzzy stick letters to spell “MOM”, a colorful rainbow, and a pom-pom lined pot.
Hot glue or craft glue
1. Use acrylic craft paint and a foam brush to paint the outside of a terracotta pot. Let dry and add a second coat of paint if needed.
2. Add pom-poms with craft glue or older kids can use a hot glue gun on the “low” setting.
3. To make a rainbow pot, glue the fuzzy sticks on in rainbow order, bending them and trimming them as needed. Add pom-poms on the end for clouds.
4. To make letters to spell “MOM” bend the fuzzy sticks and glue as needed to form letters.
5. Add some soil and your mom’s favorite flower to surprise her with on Mother’s Day! These will pots will stay looking their best if kept near a sunny window indoors.
Haeley Giambalvo is the founder of Design Improvised — a blog focused on simple DIY projects that make a big impact. Haeley loves transforming colorful materials like pom-poms and pipe cleaners into chic home decor or festive holiday crafts. Her easy projects are perfect for making alongside with your kiddos. Haeley is a business consultant turned blogger based in San Antonio and mom to Stella, 8, and Hazel, 6.
* * *
* * *
Explore how your lungs work with this STEAM-approved DIY!
Spread some colorful love with our DIY Air Dry Clay Rainbows!
Get crafty and create a custom birthday sign for your next Birthday Party Parade