Using your Kid Made Modern Wooden Robot Kit, washable paint, and the Over the Rainbow Craft Kit, create these colorful robot friends that you can use for play or display! Learn more about the supplies you will need and how to make them below.
- Wooden Robot Kit
- Washable paint
- Paint brushes
- Over the Rainbow Craft Kit
- Hot glue gun (*always ask an adult for help when using this!)
Step 1: Use washable paint to paint the three robots from your Wooden Robot kit. Paint each a different color, so that you will have a rainbow of differently colored robots when you finish!
Step 2: When your robots have dried, use the craft supplies in the Over the Rainbow Craft Kit to decorate them! To make sure you include all of the rainbow colors, use complementary colors to decorate your robot. Complementary colors are pairs of colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel. Purple and yellow, red and green, and blue and orange are complementary colors.
There are so many things in your kit that you can use to decorate your robots! Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Use the small paper tubes or pipe cleaners to add an antenna to the top of each robot’s head. We made one of the antennas a spiral by wrapping a pipe cleaner around a pencil and then sliding it off. Top each antenna with a pom pom or a bead.
- Use the felt and/or glitter paper pieces to add color to your robots. Cut rectangles to fit on the robot’s torso, and use small pieces to decorate the arms and legs.
- Add buttons! Robots have all sorts of buttons and knobs. Use beads, pom poms, and sequins from the craft kit to give your robot all sorts of controls.
- Give them eyes! This craft kit has so many different colors of googly eyes! Use them to give your robots a finishing touch.
Kid Made Modern is on a mission to create the next generation of creative thinkers. Learn more.
Explore how your lungs work with this STEAM-approved DIY!
Spread some colorful love with our DIY Air Dry Clay Rainbows!
Liquid error (sections/page-template.liquid line 8): include usage is not allowed in this context