Get your school supplies organized in style with this printastic desk organizer you can make yourself! Not only will it make homework time a lot more fun, it is a great way to upcycle empty food containers. Just save a few boxes and cans from the recycling bin and cover them with your favorite prints from our Print Party Paper Pad and Geometric Duct Tape Kit.
- Recyclables (cardboard tray, soup cans, cracker boxes, plastic containers, etc.)
- Craft glue
1. Use the duct tape to cover a cardboard tray that will serve as the base of your desk organizer. We used a tray that held water bottles.
2. Cut cracker boxes to fit school supplies such as markers, pencils, or notecards. Cover with the Geometric Duct Tape.
3. Cover washed food containers such as oatmeal and soup cans with Print Party Paper by trimming to size with scissors and adhering with a small bead of craft glue along the back edges of the paper.
4. Arrange your printastic containers in the tray to create a one-of-a-kind desk organizer. Fill the containers with your favorite Kid Made Modern supplies!
* * *
* * *
Post written by Haeley Giambalvo of Design Improvised, a website focused on easy DIY projects that make a big impact. Haeley loves transforming simple materials like pom-poms and pipe cleaners into cool kids projects or festive holiday crafts. Her colorful projects are perfect for the busy mom who wants to spend 30 minutes crafting by herself or getting creative with her kids. Haeley lives in San Antonio, TX along with her husband and two daughters Stella, 9, and Hazel, 7.