Mailing artful creations via the trusty USPS is a fun, fun pastime. It will delight the sender (you) and definitely any friends who receive it (we promise!). The more peculiar your posts are, the gigglier everyone will be. Here are instructions for one beautiful piece of mail to construct, decorate, imbue with you-ness…and entrust to postal workers!
- 2 Small Kitchen Sponges (or 1 large)
- Postage Stamp
1. Lay two sponges side by side.
2. Glue their edges together, and wrap the seam with duct tape.
3. Paint a design on the sponge (you can dip your paintbrush into the sponge holes, its sooo satisfying!)
4. Write your friend’s address on a small slip of paper and glue it to the sponge.
5. Glue a stamp to it and pop it in the mail.
* * *
Post by Kiera Coffee. Kiera is a prop stylist, writer, and crafter. To peek into her world of ideas (and postal high jinks) follow @KieraCoffee or visit kieracoffee.com.
Kid Made Modern is on a mission to create the next generation of creative thinkers. Learn more.