Everyone will want to sit at the kids table at Thanksgiving when it is decorated Kid Made Modern style! Get the kids involved in creating their own colorful place settings, starting with these simple turkey napkin rings that use a few supplies from the Arts and Crafts Library and a paper towel roll.
- Arts and Crafts Library (wooden discs, fuzzy sticks, googly eyes)
- Paper towel or toilet paper rolls
- Craft glue
1. Cut a paper towel or toilet paper roll into 1.5 inch rings. An adult can help with this part if needed!
2. Choose four different colored fuzzy sticks from the Arts & Crafts Library and cut them each in half.
3. Bend each half fuzzy stick into a loop and twist the ends together to create a feather.
4. Glue the four feathers to the back of a wooden disc with craft glue or hot glue on the low setting.
5. Glue the turkey to one of the cardboard rings.
6. Finish by gluing on a pair of googly eyes and a beak cut from paper. Insert a napkin in your napkin ring!
Create a colorful kids Thanksgiving table by making placemats from two sheets of Print Party paper. Personalize each spot at the table with an initial made from beads and fuzzy sticks. Add paper fan turkeys and recycled cans holding art supplies to get your craft on while the turkey is in the oven!
* * *
Shop our Arts and Craft Library here!