Valentine’s Day Beaded Hearts DIY
Make these bejeweled hearts for a sweet Valentine’s gift or to add some pretty sparkle to your room. Just hang the hearts in a window so the beads can glow in the sunlight! This simple project requires just two supplies - beads from our Jewelry Jam Craft Kit and fuzzy sticks. Simple and sweet!
- Fuzzy Sticks (we used the fuzzy sticks in our Arts and Crafts Library)
- Small suction cups
1. Bend a fuzzy stick in half to create a “V”. Start stringing beads from the Jewelry Jam Kit onto the fuzzy stick.
2. Continue adding beads until you have about ½ inch left on each end of the fuzzy stick. Bend the two sides of the “V” together to form a heart.
3. Twist the two ends of the fuzzy stick together to create the heart and trim as necessary.
4. Have fun making lots of different versions of your beaded hearts using different colored beads and fuzzy sticks.
5. Hang your jeweled hearts in a sunny window with small suction cups and watch them sparkle with sunlight!
* * *
Post written by Haeley Giambalvo of Design Improvised, a website focused on easy DIY projects that make a big impact. Haeley loves transforming simple materials like pom-poms and pipe cleaners into cool kids projects or festive holiday crafts. Her colorful projects are perfect for the busy mom who wants to spend 30 minutes crafting by herself or getting creative with her kids. Haeley lives in San Antonio, TX along with her husband and two daughters Stella, 9, and Hazel, 7.
Kid Made Modern is on a mission to create the next generation of creative thinkers. Learn more.