There is something so incredibly mystical about air plants and they also happen to be the perfect fit for plant enthusiasts of all levels. So it seemed only right to make a plant hanger using our Mystic Jewelry Kit. Save up a few glass jars and you'll be ready to "plant" your own.
- embroidery thread (we used some from our Jewelry Jam Craft Kit, but any you have is fine)
- recycled glass jars with labels removed
- small rocks or stones
- air plants (these are available from tons of spots online)
- hot glue gun (REMINDER: exercise precaution and supervise kids when using a hot glue gun)
- Secure thread -- place a small dab of glue onto the top of the jar and add a tail end of thread through it. When it's dried a bit, wind thread around the top of the jar until you've got a nice layer. Stop back at the initial secure point and add another dab of glue. Secure embroidery thread there. Tie a few knots in the thread at this point -- large enough to hold beads onto the thread.
- Bead hanger -- add all the mystical beads you want to create the length hanger you like. When you've got it, tie another few knots to secure the beads on. Then add a dab of glue to the jar, just opposite the first spot. Secure the handle here. Wind the remaining length of thread around the top of the jar and secure with another dab of glue when ready. Trim thread flush with jar.
- "Plant"! -- Add a few stones to the bottom of the jar and then add in your air plants. Spritz them with water once a week and they'll be good to hang!